Do you feel anxious, unrelaxed, and tense all day? A bad mood can spoil your day.The diet may lack afew ingredients like 5-htp, the precursorofserotonin neurotransmitters in the brain andgut. Lack ofserotonin levels can makeyoufeel sad, tired, and lethargic allday long1.
Serotonin playsseveral bodily roles, including mood elevation, happiness, learning, boosting memory, temperature regulation, sexual behavior,and appetite. Lack of serotonin leads to sadness, depression, andanxiety.
What does Nattura5-htpProvide?
5-htp supreme is a powerful and effective blend that helps relax mood, boosts cognition, and puts a smile on your face.It contains 5-htp, L-lysine, L-tyrosine, folic acid, vitamin C, B6, and calcium.
Potential Benefits of 5-HTP:
The human body produces 5-hydroxytryptophan,which is then converted into a serotonin neurotransmitter that controls dozens of body functions. Serotonin regulates and improves the following functionsin the body:
Regulates Sleep-awake cycle:
Studies show that people who take serotonin supplements sleep more easily and quickly than others. Serotonin, along with dopamine, helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle. Moreover, the Human body needsserotonin to make melatonin, which plays a rolein profound sleep2.
Serotonin is called a natural “feel good” chemical of the body.When serotonin level is optimum in circulation, you tend to feel focused, relaxed,calm, and happier 3. Continuouslow levels of serotonin lead to depression. 5-htp supreme contains an adequate amount of serotonin precursor, ensuring normal brain serotonin levels.
Morethan 90% of the body’sserotonin lies in the gut, improving digestion,controlling bowel movements, and improving gut health4. If any food causes discomfort, the body releasesserotonin, which speedsup bowel movementsto get rid of the food.
Plateletsstore serotonin which is released by them when any injury or bleeding is initiated. Hence, serotonin helpsspeed up the wound healing process5.
Serotonin, along with dopamine, plays an important role in sex drive.Adequate levels of serotonin are necessary for sexual functioning.
L-lysine is an essential amino acid and the building block of protein.It isnot synthesized in the body, so it is mandatory to fulfill requirementsthrough food and supplementation. L-lysine has the following benefits:
- Treats and protects againstcold sores.
- Reduces anxiety by blocking stress receptors•Improvescalcium absorption
- Speeds up healing by collagen synthesis
- Improves vision and prevents the occurrence ofcataracts6.
Potential Benefits of L-tyrosine:
L-tyrosine is an amino acid that helps increasefocus, attention, and alertness.5-htp and l– tyrosine help the body asbelow:
- Improves mental situation in stressful conditions•Helpsrelieve depressionsymptoms
- Helps cope sleep-deprivation
VitaminsB6 and folic acid are also the basic ingredients of 5-htp supreme,which improves mood and mental sharpness.Together,alltheseingredients, L-lysine, L-tyrosine, and 5-htp, work synergistically in improving an individual’smental and emotional health.
- Bamalan OA, Moore MJ, KhaliliY Al. Physiology, Serotonin.StatPearls. Published online July 9, 2022. Accessed September 28, 2022. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545168/
- Portas CM, BjorvatnB,Ursin R. Serotonin and the sleep/wake cycle: specialemphasis on microdialysisstudies.Prog Neurobiol. 2000;60(1):13-35. doi:10.1016/S0301-0082(98)00097-5
- Young SN. How to increase serotonin in the human brain without drugs.J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2007;32(6):394. Accessed September 28, 2022. /pmc/articles/PMC2077351/
- Zhong W, Shahbaz O, TeskeyG, et al. Mechanisms of Nausea and Vomiting: Current Knowledge and RecentAdvances inIntracellularEmetic Signaling Systems.Int J Mol Sci. 2021;22(11). doi:10.3390/IJMS22115797
- SannerJE,Frazier L. The roleof serotonin in depression and clotting in the coronary artery disease population.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2011;26(5):423-429. doi:10.1097/JCN.0B013E3182076A81
- Sulochana KN, Punitham R, Ramakrishnan S. Beneficial effect of lysine and amino acids on cataractogenesis in experimental diabetes through possible antiglycation of lens proteins. Exp Eye Res. 1998;67(5):597-601. doi:10.1006/EXER.1998.0547